Course Reopening Protocol
Course Reopening Protocol
In accordance with the advice from the UK Government, Public Health Wales and Wales Golf, the Directors have in consultation with the Management Committee have agreed to open the course on the following conditions:
The course is open to MEMBERS ONLY from 8.00am until 8.00pm, Monday to Friday and 8.00am to 5.00pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Members are allowed to play in single or two balls. If you are playing in a two ball both players MUST be from the same household.
Tee times must be booked on the BRS system, and will be checked by staff on the course.
Members must adhere to the following guidelines. Failure to do so will lead to immediate suspension and will be subject to disciplinary action.
Wales Golf has made it clear failure to adhere to these conditions and the guidelines below may result in closure once again.
PRIOR TO THE GAME:
- Tee times must be booked on the BRS system and will be at 10 minute intervals.
- Members should travel to the golf course on their own or with members of their household only.
- Members should not arrive at the golf club no earlier than 20 minutes before their tee time.
- Members with any colds, coughs or any symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend the Club. If they do they will be asked not to play.
- Changing rooms as well as other parts of the Clubhouse are closed until such time as it is safe to reopen. Members and visitors must change their shoes in the car park.
- Members have been advised to carry their own sanitiser in their golf bags and use regularly.
- Golf buggies are permitted but must be used by single individuals and cleaned afterwards.
ON THE GOLF COURSE:
- Members should arrive on the tee no earlier than 5 minutes before their tee time.
- Members must not enter the teeing area until the that area is clear.
- Hand sanitiser is available in the Starter’s hut.
- Golfers must play in 1 or 2 ballers.
- Golfers must comply with current social distancing arrangements i.e. 2 metre rule on tee grounds, greens and throughout the round.
- Flags must be left in the hole.
- Golfers must not be called through.
- Golfers must carefully remove their ball from the hole using the retriever.
- All bunkers are GUR. Members must take relief without penalty. All rakes have been removed.
- Do not share any equipment, such as golf clubs or rangefinders.
- Benches and bins should not be touched, or used.
- Do not shake hands before, or after your game.
- Ball washers and the air compressor used for cleaning shoes and trolleys have been covered or disconnected.
- The practice green and practice area are open. Members using these facilities must comply with social distancing arrangements and adhere to safe sanitising practices.
AFTER THE GAME:
- Members are reminded that social distancing is as important after a round as it is during the round. When the round is over you must leave the course immediately so that there are no gatherings around the clubhouse area.
The current restrictions do not prevent golf competitions or casual games taking place, but all golfers must follow these simple steps to minimize the risk of infection.
The Directors expect full compliance from members and by following these positive but sensible set of guidelines we can continue to enjoy the sport in the months to come.
The Directors and Management Committee will continue to review the information and advice on the management of COVID-19 and update protocols/notices, as necessary.
Directors & Management Committee 14th May 2020