This is the place to get all the latest news on recent events and what’s happening soon.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Play
COVID-19 Guidelines for Play
In accordance with the UK Government, Public Health Wales, and Wales Golf advice, the Directors and Management Committee have agreed to open the course on the following conditions:
The course is open to MEMBERS AND VISITORS from 7.30am until 8.30pm, Monday to Friday, 7.00am to 5.00pm on Saturday and 7.30am – 5.00pm on Sunday.
Members and visitors are allowed to play in single, two or three balls providing all golfers reside in no more than two households.
Tee times must be booked on the BRS system, and will be checked by staff on the course. Visitors must book their tee times in advance of playing.
Members and visitors must adhere to the following guidelines. For members failure to do so will lead to immediate suspension and will be subject to disciplinary action. Visitors who fail to comply with the guidelines will be asked to leave the course.
Wales Golf has made it clear that failure to adhere to these conditions and the guidelines below may result in closure once again.
PRIOR TO THE GAME:
- Tee times must be booked on the BRS system and will be at 10 minute intervals.
- Travel to the golf course on your own or with members of your household only.
- You should arrive at the golf club no earlier than 20 minutes before your tee time.
- Members and visitors with any colds, coughs or any symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend the Club. If you do you will be asked not to play.
- Changing rooms as well as other parts of the Clubhouse are closed until such time as it is safe to reopen. You must change your shoes in the car park.
- You are advised to carry your own sanitiser in your golf bag and use regularly.
- Golf buggies are permitted but must be used by single individuals and cleaned afterwards.
ON THE GOLF COURSE:
- You should arrive on the first tee no earlier than 5 minutes before your tee time.
- You should not enter the teeing area until the tee area is clear.
- Hand sanitiser is available in the Starter’s hut
- You must play in 1, 2 or 3 balls providing all players are resident in 2 households.
- You must comply with current social distancing arrangements i.e. 2 metre rule on tee grounds, greens and throughout the round.
- Golfers must not be called through.
- Flags must be left in the hole.
- You must carefully remove your ball from the hole using the retriever.
- All bunkers are GUR. You must take relief without penalty. All rakes have been removed.
- Do not share any equipment, such as golf clubs or rangefinders.
- Benches and bins should not be touched, or used.
- Do not shake hands before, or after your game.
- Ball washers and the air compressor used for cleaning shoes and trolleys have been covered or disconnected.
- The practice green and practice area are open. Members using these facilities must comply with social distancing arrangements and adhere to safe sanitising practices.
AFTER THE GAME:
- You are reminded that social distancing is as important after a round as it is during the round. When the round is over you must leave the course immediately so that there are no gatherings around the clubhouse area.
These conditions and guidelines will remain in place until we are otherwise advised.
STAY SAFE AND ENJOY THE GOLF
Directors & Management Committee 5th June 2020